These are some recent images that I did for album art for a band out of St. Louis. The Full color image was done in oil on illustration board. I then photographed it and tried to desaturate color in areas of lesser interest to help establish a focal point.
This is one below was done in water color on arches paper. I kept everything monochromatic except for the sky. The idea was to do a before and after image of the man using the phone and then a scene after the man had taken off to avoid his pursuers. the way I did this was to do a full panoramic image of the scene then separately paint images of all the different elements (man, car, dust). then i scaned them into photoshop and assembled the elements on top of one another using the multiply command.